From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Portage is proposing an ncurses update and I don't understand what it means
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2015 22:05:50
1 >>>>>> I think it is an Einstein quote
2
3 [..]
4
5 >>>>> And Feynmann said something
6
7 [..]
8
9 >>> I don't think they're misnamed, the problem is in our heads.
10
11 [..]
12
13 tl;dr
14
15 I don't care.
16 I want to be a gentoo-USER (see name of ml).
17
18 Don't get me wrong, I like fuzzing around with details etc (and most
19 people subscribed here know that from various threads I triggered ...).
20
21 But don't you agree that it *should* be possible to simply pull upgrades
22 from the distro of choice without solving "problems in my head" ?
23
24 IMO it's the definition of maintainers to keep that level of complexity
25 away from the plain users. Especially for users of the stable "branch"
26 (the OP of this thread wrote "stable" = amd64 machine).
27
28 I admit: maybe I miss some point here because I didn't read the whole
29 thread.
30
31 IMO "stable" should result in a (mostly ...) carefree and maintained
32 experience for the user.
33
34 opinions welcome.
35