From: "Randolph Maaßen" <r.maassen60@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Booting the Kernel as UEFI App
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 22:24:06
1 Hi Guys,
2
3 I just got my laptop back from repair, the main board and harddrive are
4 changed, so bye bye data. I haven't created any data on gentoo, i couldn't
5 even set up the system before it crashed.
6
7 So I'm going to setup a new install, and I have heard that you can set up
8 the kernel as UEFI application[1]. I have booted the system from UEFI grub2
9 before, so UEFI works and I know that the BIOS/UEFI has a boot manager.
10
11 Has anyone here did this before or is this a bad idea ?
12
13 [1]: http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/UEFI
16 Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
17
18 Randolph Maaßen