From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vsftpd anonymous upload illegal PORT command
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2017 15:09:45
1 On Thursday 03 Aug 2017 08:13:18 Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > I'm trying to upload files from an OS/2 VM in machine A to anononymous
3 > upload on another machine on my home LAN. I'm using the allegedly "very
4 > simple" ftpd and getting nowhere, and Google isn't helping. To simplify
5 > things, I built vsftpd without ssl, and iptables is off on both
6 > machines. I don't think it's related to PASV, because the ancient ftp
7 > client on the OS/2 VM doesn't understand the "ftp -p" option. My
8 > /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf file is...
9 >
10 > listen=YES
11 > local_enable=NO
12 > anonymous_enable=YES
13 > anon_upload_enable=YES
14 > write_enable=YES
15 > anon_mkdir_write_enable=YES
16 > anon_root=/home/ftp
17
18 Is this writeable?
19
20 > pasv_enable=YES
21 > pasv_min_port=30000
22 > pasv_max_port=30100
23 > port_enable=YES
24 > allow_writeable_chroot=YES
25 >
26 > I successfully log in as user "anonymous", password "anonymous",
27 > execute "bin". When I try uploading a file, I get the 500 PORT error.
28 > Anybody have a working config? Or another simpler ftpd server?
29
30 For these kind of jobs I tend to default to netcat (nc) or socat in listening
31 mode, because of its simplicity. However, I am not familiar with OS/2 to know
32 what it comes with. If it has busybox or you can install it there you can use
33 busybox nc and/or busybox ftpd.
34
35 In answering your question, I think the error you are getting is related to
36 the client not using a passive connection type. Can you enable passive
37 *after* it connects?
38
39 ftp> passive
40 ls
41
42 Alternatives are the busybox ftpd service or tftp, both of which are
43 relatively easy to run.
46 Regards,
47 Mick