From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] PPPoE ADSL modem choice
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 06:30:36
1 On Mon, 22 Jun 2015 23:08:03 +0100, Mick wrote:
2
3 > > That's one of the benefits of using OpenWRT/DD-WRT. You can ask on the
4 > > forums or search the Wiki to see what features are available - or even
5 > > RTF(online)M. As long as you pick a fully supported device, all the
6 > > features of either OS should be available.
7 >
8 > DD-WRT are supporting many Asus routers, so the question to the
9 > forums/ML is if their firmware supports yours. I couldn't see it here,
10 > but if the chipset is the same with say RT-N13U (Ralink) then it could
11 > do the trick:
12 >
13 > https://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database
14
15 You can also search the forums. My router didn't appear in the database
16 but a search showed up a beta firmware for it that has worked flawlessly.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a
23 good idea to put wheels on luggage?