From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Stable users: libpng-1.4
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 13:01:17
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 30 June 2010 02:16:36 Willie Wong wrote:
3 >
4 >> On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 11:56:56PM +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> He has this uncanny ability of almost
7 >>> always being correct on technical toolchain matters
8 >>>
9 >> I disagree with the uncanny part. This is flameeyes we are talking
10 >> about. It's like saying "Joerg Schilling has this uncanny ability
11 >> of almost always being correct on technical CD{ROM,R,RW} DVD", or
12 >> "Dale has this uncanny ability of almost always jumping into a HAL
13 >> bashing thread"...
14 >>
15 >> :-)
16 >>
17 >> Thanks for the link as always.
18 >>
19 >> W
22 > That's very funny :-)
23 >
24 > I'm sure Dale appreciates being mentioned in the same sentence as flameeyes
25 > and Joerg.... good one!
28 I thought it was flattery myself. I don't know a lot about flameeyes
29 but Joerg sure does know CD and DVD stuff. He does write the code for
30 cdrtools which works very well right? It is better than the
31 alternative for sure, since it doesn't work.
32
33 Now since even the person that wrote hal figured out it was a flop and
34 needed to die, isn't that enough said? After all, the developer knows
35 it doesn't work very well with xorg so they are trying something new
36 from the ground up. Sort of seems to me that me and old Joerg are
37 right. LOL
38
39 Sort of funny in a way. lol
40