From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xfce4 Filed to execute default File Manager
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 06:21:35
1 On 11/20/12 05:52, J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 >Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >>I'm running xfce4.
5 >>When I try to click on Home folder I get:
6 >>
7 >>Filed to execute default File Manager
8 >>gutenprint (Permission denied).
9 >
10 >Can you open a text console and try to start " gutenprint" from there?
11 >
12 >If that works it's possibly something in xfce and someone else who uses that might be able to help.
13 >
14 >If it doesn't. Can you give the results of the following 2 commands:
15 ># which gutenprint
16 ># ls -lsa <result of previous command>
17 >
18 >It could be file permissions.
19 >
20 >--
21 >Joost
22 >--
23 >Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
24
25 For some reason or another, during upgrade, setting in:
26 Application Menu --> Setting --> Preferred Applications
27 FileManger got changed to "gutenprint"
28
29 How did it happened, don't ask me.
32 Joseph