From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] drive found but still panics
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 05:46:20
1 On 12/2/05, maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hello everybody,
3 >
4 > For those of you who have been following my thread re:
5 > NV_SATA, thanks to Richard Fish, the drive is now seen
6 > but the kernel still panics after the last coherent
7 > message "Using IPI shortcut mode". Seems it still
8 > can't mount the root fs although
9
10 >From a previous posting of your kernel config, I see that you have:
11
12 CONFIG_REISERFS_CHECK=y
13 CONFIG_REISERFS_PROC_INFO=y
14
15 The above are normally disabled, so I would try taking them out and
16 see if you have better luck.
17
18 Other than that, double (and triple) check that it really is a
19 reiserfs filesystem, because it should be working.
20
21 -Richard
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list