From: Kai Krakow <hurikhan77@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Qt-4.8.7 bug
Date: Sat, 20 May 2017 16:39:34
1 Am Sat, 20 May 2017 16:36:08 +0100
2 schrieb Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>:
3
4 > On Saturday 20 May 2017 10:48:52 Mick wrote:
5 > > On Saturday 20 May 2017 03:19:20 Peter Humphrey wrote:
6 > > > On Saturday 20 May 2017 00:26:58 Kai Krakow wrote:
7 > [...]
8 > [...]
9 > [...]
10 > [...]
11 > [...]
12 > [...]
13 > > >
14 > > > After all that, KMail now works as it did before.
15 > > >
16 > [...]
17 > > >
18 > > > Mick might like to try that, perhaps. I assume the effect will be
19 > > > the same.
20 > >
21 > > Thanks Peter. First PC is going through it. 91 packages!
22 >
23 > It seems revdep-rebuild'ing against library='libQtCore.so.4' also
24 > rebuilds the newly installed Qt packages. This is why there so many
25 > packages to rebuild.
26
27 That's why I suggested using "--changed-deps": It doesn't rebuild
28 packages that provide the library itself and have already been built
29 after the library provider...
30
31 OTOH, it doesn't check binary dependence, just what is written into the
32 ebuilds itself. But it should work most of the time.
33
34 A combination of two emerge invocations may work, too:
35
36 # emerge -DNua world --changed-deps
37 # emerge -1a @preserved-rebuild --changed-deps
38
39 This also worked well for me when I did the gcc upgrade.
40
41 But I think the need to use changed-deps to rebuild dependers should be
42 considered a bug and be reported. Portage has support for sub-slot
43 dependencies to describe such binary breakage during upgrades and
44 automatically rebuild the dependers.
48 Regards,
49 Kai
50