From: Philip Webb <purslow@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kde menu
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 11:29:26
1 060721 Leonardo wrote:
2 > 'Till some months ago at home, and at work I was/am using Mandriva;
3 > when I urpmi a package there, it goes automatically in the kde menu.
4 > Isn't there a similar way of doing it in Gentoo,
5
6 That's what should happen with a KDE app on Gentoo.
7 It should be a function of KDE, not the distro.
8 Sometimes, KDE puts apps in unexpected places:
9 perhaps you were just lucky with the apps you installed with Mandriva.
10 Before Gentoo (2000-3), I used Mandriva & didn't notice any difference.
11 Another possibility is that you're now using a newer version of KDE,
12 which may do things differently, though again I haven't noticed it.
13
14 You don't have to put everything in the KDE menu:
15 you can use the miniterminal ( Alt-F2 ), which has a history list.
19 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb : purslow@××××××××××××××.ca
20 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Centre for Urban & Community Studies
21 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' University of Toronto
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list