From: sam new <maoben1234@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] X was crash at login window (gdm)
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 12:28:59
1 hi all , I do not like to update my gentoo frequently cause compile takes
2 me a long time,but some days ago, I decided to upgrade my Xorg server to
3 1.13 and gentoo-source kernel 3.6.2 . it sucks me . the X was crash at
4 login window, the screen was blank. sometimes you can see the mouse loading
5 with the circle.I try to fix this as follows ,but it didn't work. (my video
6 card is Nvidia Geforce 8400M) my Xorg.conf use nvidia-xconfig auto to
7 generate.
8 1.update Nvidia driver to latest (304.43?) in the portage (
9 ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64")
10 2.download latest Nvidia driver form Nvidia Official website and install it
11 3 dowgrade Nvidia driver in the portage
12
13 the attachment is my Xorg.log file ,you also can see it here
14 http://pastebin.com/FZy7TRsf
15 the ERROR is
16
17 1. NVIDIA(0): Error recovery failed.
18
19 does anybody can help? or any suggestions?

Xorg.0.log.old application/octet-stream