From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Compile something with debugging information
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 12:31:31
1 On Tuesday 19 June 2007, Alexander Skwar wrote:
2 > Hello.
3 >
4 > All of a sudden, I'm having problems with the Postfix installation on
5 > my server. smtpd dies with a Signal 11.
6 >
7 > To debug this, I'd like to build postfix again, but this time portage
8 > should not strip the binaries and it should be compiled with
9 > debugging information compiled in (ie. with -g).
10
11 I've never tried this myself, but man 5 ebuild makes mention of
12 EXTRA_ECONF and that it is for users to use, not ebuild writers.
13
14 alan
18 Optimists say the glass is half full,
19 Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
20 Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
21
22 Alan McKinnon
23 alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
24 +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list