From: Daniel Barkalow <barkalow@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Depclean and cross-foo/gcc
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 16:41:35
1 I've been doing a lot of --depclean lately, and I've run into something
2 odd. "emerge --depclean cross-avr/gcc" wants to remove all 3 versions, but
3 it's in my world file. On the other hand, "emerge --depclean" doesn't want
4 to remove any of them. I initially set this up with a crossdev that's now
5 quite ancient, which may be significant, but I don't want to entirely redo
6 all my avr compilers to get them with the new crossdev.
7
8 What I'd actually like is to have a specific version (the one that our
9 code is most heavily tested with), and the latest version (to test that).
10 Is there some way to have --depclean see a dependancy on a specific
11 version (or slot, as I've already masked other versions that would be in
12 that slot) from world or the equivalent?
13
14 -Daniel
15 *This .sig left intentionally blank*
16 --