From: Gregory Shearman <zekeyg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo installation, network adapter not supported
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 06:16:02
1 In linux.gentoo.user, you wrote:
2 > 2013/6/29 Zind <wzmindlog@×××××.com>
3 >>
4 >>> Can you search with dmesg and find if it's nead a firmware.
5 >>
6 >> Yes.
7 >> At the bottom of the dmesg message, I can see these lines:
8 >> request for firmware file 'iwlwifi-2030-6.ucode' failed.
9 >> request for firmware file 'iwlwifi-2030-5.ucode' failed.
10 >> no suitable firmware found!
13 > You can try to fix this with emerging linux-firmware. I'm not sure if this
14 > firmware is in there, or what else to configure to fit it exactly, but in
15 > default the firmwares ware installed.
16
17 I can confirm that these firmware files are in the linux-firmware
18 package.
21 Regards,
22 Gregory Shearman.