From: roundyz@×××××××.ru
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: CUPS - Some apps see printers, some do not
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 11:06:54
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
4 >> On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 10:53 AM, <roundyz@×××××××.ru> wrote:
5 >> > james wrote:
6 >> >
7 >> >>>
8 >> >>> Mark Knecht <markknecht <at> gmail.com> writes:
9 >> >>>
10 >> >>> > the one binary thing on the system that comes
11 >> >>> > to mind is Open Office in which printing is working. It's the stuff
12 >> >>> > I'm building that isn't!
13 >> >>>
14 >> >>>
15 >> >>> Have you set the "cups" flag in make.conf?
16 >> >>>
17 >> >>> It may or maynot make a difference.
18 >> >>>
19 >> >>>
20 >> >>>
21 >> >>> hth,
22 >> >>> James
23 >> >>>
24 >> >
25 >> > No, I copied the make.conf from a different machine a decided I nver
26 >> > needed it :(
27 >> >
28 >> > I've enabled it now, but another thing is it safe to delete an entry
29 >> > from my world file, so when I update it isn't everything?
30 >> > --
31 >> > Regards,
32 >> > Roundyz
33 >> >
34 >> >
35 >>
36 >> Try
37 >>
38 >> equery hasuse cups
39 >>
40 >> on my machine it was only something like 8 or 9 packages. It might not
41 >> be a real big problem to enable it globally.
42 >>
43 >> It did work for me.
44 >>
45 >> - Mark
46 >>
47 Emerging gtk+ again now, with cups enabled, to see if it is GTK thats
48 the problem.
53 Regards,
54 Roundyz