From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: future moderation
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 00:10:15
1 Ok... I'll bite.
2
3 On Sunday, June 12 at 00:19 (+0100), Matt Harrison said:
4
5 > Hi list,
6 >
7 > An odd post here but I'm sitting up after midnight with a few beers and
8 > I wanted to get an advanced word on this.
9 >
10 (sigh)
11 Please don't drink and post.
12
13 > I don't know if anyone is subscribed to the ruby-talk mailing list at
14 > the moment (or used to be on the comp.lang.lisp group a while ago).
15 > There is an odd character there who is harming the community by either
16 > being insane (not my words -- those of ruby guru Ryan Davis) or with
17 > extremely well crafted trolling.
18 >
19 > I see the trouble that ruby-talk is having with him and I wondered
20 > firstly, if we would have similar trouble moderating his crap (he
21 > alternates between email, usenet and forums. Apparently they can't
22 > moderate him) and secondly, if/when he turns up here can we please shoot
23 > him down the instant he arrives.
24 >
25 I have seem similar people on similar mailing lists. I simply ignore
26 them. It works (for me). People who don't ignore them are usually the
27 ones who are complaining the most, but as everyone is is ignoring it
28 their complaints are only heard by themselves.
29
30 > Ok, as I'm writing this it does seem that I'm going a little crazy, but
31 > I consider this list my home. I love this list and the people on it..I
32 > don't post that much these days but I have learned a lot. When I do
33 > post, I get very helpful replies and I know you're good people. I would
34 > just hate for this guy to come on here and wreck the joint.
35 >
36 Please seek psychiatric help.
37
38 And please don't drink and post again... seriously.
39
40 > Take this as you will, drunken ramblings or well-meant concern :)
41
42 Mostly the former.