From: Dan Egli <dan@×××××××××××.site>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] syslog-ng: filter plugin NOT not found ????
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2020 03:45:12
1 Help me understand this, please?  I have ISC dhcpd configured to log to
2 syslog.local7 (since I don't see an option to force it into it's own log
3 file). So I went into my syslog-ng file and created two filters, just
4 like on the example page of syslog-ng.com:
5
6 filter dhcpmsgs { facility(23) );
7 filter non_dhcp { NOT filter(dhcpmsgs) )
8
9 I quoted almost directly from the example page on syslog-ng.com, but I
10 keep getting this error when I reload syslog-ng's config:
11 Error parsing filter expression, filter plugin NOT not found OR you may
12 not used double quotes in your filter expression in
13 /etc/syslog-ng/syslog-ng.conf:25:18-25:21:
14
15 What did I do wrong? Here's the lines I modified from the syslog-ng page:
16 filter demo_filter { host("example") and match("deny" value("MESSAGE")) };
17 filter inverted_demo_filter { NOT filter(demo_filter) }
18
19 You can see the page at:
20 https://www.syslog-ng.com/technical-documents/doc/syslog-ng-open-source-edition/3.16/administration-guide/53
24 Dan Egli