From: gregory.sacre@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Changing the font size in X
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 15:02:35
1 Vlad Dogaru (ddvlad@×××××.com) wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I find that fonts are too small for my 15" monitor, causing eye strain
5 > and misunderstandings. How can I change font size globally? I
6 > apologise if this question is too basic, but Google strangely did not
7 > provide this time.
8 >
9 > Thanks,
10 > Vlad
11 >
12 > --
13 > How's my English? How about my Netiquette?
14 > Do mail me if something is wrong with my behaviour. Thank you.
15 > --
16 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
19 Well, that depends on what kind of desktop/session manager you're using (Gnome, KDE, Fvwm, ...).
20 If it's Gnome or KDE (or I think XFCE), there should be a font manager somewhere in the preferences.
21 If you're using something like Fvwm, you can change the GTK fonts and that will affect all the GTK applications (such as Firefox, Gaim, ...) (for the QT applications, I have to admit I don't know how they pick a default font if you're not under KDE).
22 To change the GTK font, put this as an example in your ~/.gtkrc (or ~/.gtkrc-2.0 depending on the GTK version you're using):
23
24 style "default"
25 {
26 fontset = "-*-helvetica-medium-r-normal--14-*,-*-fixed-medium-r-normal--14-*"
27 }
28
29 Where you can of course change the font to suit your needs.
32 HTH,
33
34 Gregory
35 --