From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Masked package needs itsself ?
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 20:32:00
1 Hi,
2
3 while trying to update my gentoo I got this:
4
5 !!! All ebuilds that could satisfy ">=media-libs/jpeg-7" have been masked.
6 !!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your request:
7 - media-libs/jpeg-7 (masked by: ~x86 keyword)
10 I read this as jpeg-7 needs jpeg-7 to update itsself and cannot cause
11 it is masked.
12 I dont like to update to jpeg-7 since this package is used in so many
13 othe rprograms and it is masked.
14
15 How can I stop this endless loop? :)
16
17 Best regards,
18 mcc
23 Please don't send me any Word- or Powerpoint-Attachments
24 unless it's absolutely neccessary. - Send simply Text.
25 See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
26 In a world without fences and walls nobody needs gates and windows.