From: Mike Myers <fluffymikey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Suspend2 issues
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 08:06:36
1 Thanks a million for the info everybody. You've all given me a great
2 place to start, so I'll try out some of these ideas and see what
3 happens.
4
5 Mike
6
7 On 2/23/06, Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org> wrote:
8 > On 2/23/06, Mike Myers <fluffymikey@×××××.com> wrote:
9 > > Hey Iain,
10 > >
11 > > Thanks for the info! I kinda figured that klaptop did something
12 > > different. It obviously didn't run the hibernate.conf scripts. I guess
13 > > I can settle for running hibernate in the console, I mean, that's better
14 > > than nothing, really. Klaptop and gkrellm at least still give a good
15 > > indication of the battery status. Anyway, I'll start bugging the
16 > > people on the suspend2 lists now about it. thanks a lot!
17 >
18 > If you have a standby button on your laptop, you can probably make it
19 > do a standby or hibernate by merging acpid and modifying
20 > /etc/acpi/default.sh.
21 >
22 > Personally, my system does a suspend-to-ram when I press the standby
23 > button, and a suspend-to-disk when I press (momentarily) the power
24 > button. My actions for the buttons look like:
25 >
26 > power)
27 > if test -f /etc/.acpi_ignore_power; then
28 > rm -f /etc/.acpi_ignore_power
29 > >/dev/null 2>&1
30 > else
31 > touch /etc/.acpi_ignore_power