From: Michael Crute <mcrute@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] can't unload modules
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 18:20:03
1 Try using 'modprobe -rnv <module>' and see what errors you get.
2
3 -Mike
4
5 On 8/2/05, maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >
7 > Hello everyone,
8 >
9 > The ATI FAQ recommends compiling module unloading into
10 > the kernel, which I did.
11 >
12 > Then I tried modprobing the various requisite modules
13 > to see what would work, fglrx, radeon, nvidia-agp etc.
14 >
15 > But I found I couldn't rmmod anything; got FATAL,
16 > Module unloading unavailable(something like that).
17 >
18 > Does that advanced feature under module unloading need
19 > to be checked as well? I thought I'd check with the
20 > list about it. FAQ doesn't say.
21 >
22 > -mw
25 > __________________________________________________
26 > Do You Yahoo!?
27 > Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
28 > http://mail.yahoo.com
29 > --
30 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
37 Michael E. Crute
38 Software Developer
39 SoftGroup Development Corporation
40
41 "In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?"