From: Andrey Vul <andrey.vul@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] A question about emerge --info
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 00:03:45
2 > Good digging around :). So this is a python bug then? Or does portage need
3 > to be update for some change that went into python? Actually, is this really
4 > even a bug...its just a minor cosmetic problem really.
5 >
6 One's bug is another's feature.
7 libc in uname is honestly WTF but this begs the real question: why
8 doesn't portage (emerge and repoman to be specific) simply get the
9 output of uname -a ? It's not written in C, you don't have to mess
10 around with 5-6 fd's to get the needed data.
11
12 And I think that this is both a design bug and a red herring.
13
14 By the way, should I make a bug report with a patch to remove this issue?
15 Making it selectable via FEATURES requires more digging around in portage.
16 --
17 Andrey Vul
18
19 A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
20 Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
21 A: Top-posting.
22 Q: What is the most annoying thing in e-mail?