From: wabe <wabenbau@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED] Optimum sound settings for QEMU VM?
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2016 01:13:46
1 wabe <wabenbau@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > waltdnes@××××××××.org wrote:
4 >
5 > > On Sat, Apr 02, 2016 at 06:55:29PM +0200, wabe wrote
6 > > > waltdnes@××××××××.org wrote:
7 > > >
8 > > > > The problem appears to be the "sdl" flag. It slows down
9 > > > > things by adding one more layer of middleware and overhead. I
10 > > > > also got rid of the "gtk2" flag, for the same reason. By
11 > > > > building QEMU with "-sdl" and "-gtk2", I get playback that is
12 > > > > indistinguishable from playback on the host. Here is the build
13 > > > > that works properly "emerge -pv qemu"...
14 > > >
15 > > > I have all gtk and sdl flags enabled and don't have problems with
16 > > > the sound.
17 > >
18 > > Strange. I kept making changes until it worked. Now that it
19 > > works, I'll stop tweaking it. Whatever works for you, or me.
20 >
21 > I also disabled now gtk2, sdl and sdl2 because I don't really need
22 > it. I have to leave on gtk, because I run qemu in a gtk window. I
23 > don't notice any difference.
24
25 I have to correct myself. Indeed there is a big difference. As I
26 disabled the gtk2 flag, gtk3 is used now. Before, I sometimes had
27 some graphic glitches when I moved windows or scrolled window
28 content in the guest machine. It seems that these glitches are not
29 there any longer. And it also seems, that graphics output is s little
30 bit smoother now. So THX for your post. :-)
33 Regards
34 wabe