From: Tom Brown <brown@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] unlink ACCESS VIOLATIONs
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 23:39:29
1 On Thu, 2007-12-06 at 08:23 -0800, Tom Brown wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I think I've got my gentoo installation all effed up. I went a few weeks
5 > without doing a --sync followed by a emerge -uD world. On top of that I,
6 > I installed my own version of Python 2.5.1 from the source tarball off
7 > of python.org. Now, after a --sync, when I do an emerge -uD world I will
8 > see ACCESS DENIED errors when unlink is called on *.pyc files. An
9 > example summary is given below. I searched the forums for similiar
10 > problems. Solutions that worked for other people involved re-emerging
11 > particular packages. I tried that and it didn't work for me. Can I fix
12 > this mess? Or is my system fubar? Any ideas?
13 >
14 > Why is unlink getting ACCESS DENIED errors when I run emerge as sudo?
15 >
16 > Thanks,
17 > Tom
18 >
19 > ...
20 > >>> Source compiled.
21 > --------------------------- ACCESS VIOLATION SUMMARY
22 > ---------------------------
23 > LOG FILE =
24 > "/var/log/sandbox/sandbox-gnome-base_-_gnome-desktop-2.20.1-27301.log"
25 >
26 > unlink: /usr/share/xml2po/docbook.pyc
27
28 I seem to have gotten past the unlink issue. I modified the first line
29 of emerge from:
30
31 #!/usr/bin/python -O
32
33 to:
34
35 #!/usr/local/bin/python -O
36
37 This seems to be solution even though I had symlinks
38 from /usr/bin/python -> /usr/local/bin/python. The emerge -uD is working
39 nicely now. It is on packet 5 of 8. Where, before, it would fail on the
40 first package.
41
42 -Tom
45 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list