From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Two Suspend/Resume Problems
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 12:43:14
1 Patrick Holthaus wrote:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 >> What hardware are you using? Is it a laptop or desktop pc?
5 >
6 > I's a Dell Inspiron 9400.
7
8 I suspend happily with a Dell Inspiron 9100, but I think the 9400 is
9 different enough to worry about...
10
11 >> Few general suggestions:
12 >> 1. update your bios to latest version.
13 >> 2. Try to load motherboard-specific acpi module (e.g. asus-acpi for asus
14 >> notebooks, or acer-acpi, or ...)
15 >
16 > I think there isn't any for dell. Correct me if I am wrong, cause I'm not at
17 > the laptop right now.
18
19 I noticed nvidia in that list. Can you suspend without it? Try booting
20 without loading the nvidia module at all (sometimes even just loading
21 and unlaoding the nvidia module can cause issues with suspending). Also
22 stop as many services as possible and unload as many modules as possible.
23
24 Then when it works, you can add modules one by one and keep testing the
25 suspend / resume behaviour.
26
27 HTH,
31 <carpaski> I'm greatly disturbed by my process list saying that a
32 process started 3 minutes from now.
33 <spyderous> carpaski: it's the latest in kernel scheduling. it can
34 actually plan ahead to see where resources should go.