From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] RYZEN 5: Hyperthreading or no hyperthreading...
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2020 18:11:09
1 On 03/27 06:04, Andrea Conti wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > > Thread(s) per core: 1 <<<<<
5 > > Does my CPU hyperthread?
6 >
7 > Definitely not.
8 >
9 > Your kernel config is fine, chances are hyperthreading (aka "SMT mode") is
10 > disabled in your BIOS settings.
11 >
12 > andrea
15 Hi Andrea,
16
17 I checked that: The BIOS setting was set to use hyperthreading.
18
19 But "Number of cores" was set to six. I changed that to 12 and
20 Voila! I got two threads per core.
21
22 I think "Number of cores" is a little misleading, since there
23 are six physical cores (not threads) with a RYZEN 5.
24
25 I feeling not that comfortable with this solution.
26
27 Is there any way to check for the validity of this setting
28 beside a tool, which prints a "2" after the word "threads" ;) ?
29
30 Cheers!
31 Meino