From: Thanasis <thanasis@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: covici@××××××××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] files disappearing using samba
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 19:00:33
1 on 11/30/2010 07:23 PM covici@××××××××××.com wrote the following:
2 > Hi. I have what seems to me a strange problem using samba. The version
3 > is 3.5.6. Now what is happening is that in certain directories if I try
4 > to look at those directories using that other operating system, and I am
5 > coming in as root, all the files are not seen. I know they are there,
6 > but Samba seems to ignore them -- I can ssh in and get them, but no
7 > Samba.
8 >
9 > Anyone seen this and what can I do about it?
10 >
11 > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
12 >
13 Sounds like directory/files permissions issue...