From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Remove default 'gentoo' repo in repos.conf
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2014 20:19:10
1 On Wed, 9 Apr 2014 12:42:42 -0700
2 Alex Crawford <alex.crawford@××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > I am attempting to remove the default 'gentoo' repository definition
5 > from my list of repositories. Even though I am using a custom
6 > repos.conf in /etc/portage, I see that portage is including the
7 > default 'gentoo' entry from /usr/share/portage/config/repos.conf. Is
8 > there any way I can indicate in /etc/portage/repos.conf to remove the
9 > 'gentoo' repository? Thanks.
10
11 For a temporary solution, make /usr/portage as empty as possible; for a
12 more permanent solution, I'd suggest to look at how Gentoo forks do
13 this. Though I think that most of the forks still use the Portage tree;
14 so, it might be hard to find what you are looking for.
15
16 You can also put /usr/share/portage/config/repos.conf in CONFIG_PROTECT
17 and adjust it there; put a symlink in /etc for convenience, such that
18 you won't forget about it when scanning through /etc config files.
21 With kind regards,
22
23 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
24 Gentoo Developer
25
26 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
27 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
28 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D