From: Ralf <ralf+gentoo@×××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Best way for good video performance in virtual machines
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 15:04:15
1 Hi out there,
2
3 assume the following situation:
4
5 I do have a minimalistic hypervisor running a minimalistic virtual
6 machine (qemu with kvm, qxl and spice).
7 Both systems, hypervisor and VM are able to run X servers and apllications.
8 The graphics card of the hypervisor is connected to a monitor. This
9 monitor only has to show one single standalone QT application which is
10 running on the virtual machine.
11
12 What will give me more video performance?
13
14 1. Running a minimalistic X server on the virtual machine showing the
15 application AND running a minimalistic X server on the hypervisor
16 running remote-viewer
17 or
18 2. Running a minimalistic X server on the hypervisor and using
19 X11-Forwarding via bridged ethernet
20
21 Or maybe even someone knows a better solution?
22
23 Thank you folks!
24
25 Cheers