From: James Ausmus <james.ausmus@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] XSESSION="Xsession" doesn't work!
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 23:55:41
1 <snip>
2
3 > If anyone has time to change XSESSION="Xsession" and log on to their
4 > machine as a new user I would be grateful to hear what results they
5 > get. I can't help wondering if this is a little-tested option and
6 > can't help hoping it's broken globally.
9 Did so - changed DISPLAYMANAGER="xdm" and XSESSION="Xsession", and I
10 get the same login scenario that you described - ugly (yup, that's xdm
11 all right), proceeds to a Session Menu dialog with Load Session,
12 Delete Session, and Default/Fail Safe as options. I select
13 Default/Fail Safe, and I then have to place the xsm window and then an
14 xterm window, and everything seems as I would expect from twm.
15
16 A few questions:
17
18 1. Once you are logged in, if you left or right-click on the gray
19 background, do any options come up?
20 2. What is the output of emerge -pv twm xsm xterm
21 3. Any output from revdep-rebuild -p -v?
22
23 -James
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list