From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: grub-2 update
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2015 20:02:03
1 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > The don't use it, grub:0 still works just fine
5
6 It's all working fine (atm). But changes are problematic, or at least
7 they have been in the past
8
9 > I gave grub-2 a try earlier this week and once again couldn;t figure out
10 > how to install that mini-OS that bootstraps a boot loader which
11 > bootstraps a boot loader which loads code that loads a kernel. So back
12 > to grub:0 for me
15 I do not really want to go to back to grub-legacy. I do not what to
16 be bound to (u)efi booting either. You could just lie to me
17 and make us both happy?
20 Most safe (least hassle):: I guess I should just mask it and stay on::
21 sys-boot/grub- 2.02_beta2-r3
22
23 It's been fine even with multiple kernel updates...........
26 James