From: Graham Murray <graham@×××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] why firefox is so slow?
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 05:28:25
1 Nich Steicke <nano-tech@××××××××××××.au> writes:
2
3 > No, this is simply wrong - IPV6 is the next generation protocol we are
4 > currently using IPV4 - why IPV6 is a default build flag i would have
5 > no idea, as from what i can see, it will be a good while before IPV6
6 > actually becomes implemented.
7
8 IPv6 is already implemented. For example my ISP provides me with a /64
9 which is routed to my DSL line. I connect to quite a few web sites
10 using Ipv6, many DNS queries use it, and I have had over 500 incoming
11 SMTP connections using it since upgrading to kernel 2.6.16 (when
12 ip6tables lists new connections)
13 --
14 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list