From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Google and "fetchmail" + "ssmtp"
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2022 17:25:15
1 http://mmogilvi.users.sourceforge.net/software/oauthbearer.html
2
3 Hope this helps ...
4
5 Cheers,
6 Wol
7
8 On 17/03/2022 16:51, Dr Rainer Woitok wrote:
9 > Greetings,
10 >
11 > since quite some time, longe before "converting" to Gentoo, I've used
12 > "fetchmail" and "ssmtp" to retrieve and send mail via my Google account.
13 >
14 > Some time after I had all set up, Google started nagging about my not-
15 > so-secure access to my mail account via just userid and password. Up to
16 > now I simply ignored that. But now Google told me to only allow "Sign
17 > in with Google" or OAuth 2.0 after 2022-05-30.
18 >
19 > I've seen quite a few people with "@gmail" or "@googlemail" addresses on
20 > this list, so others might have a similar problem, but maybe nobody but
21 > me is using this Google + "fetchmail" + "ssmtp" combination. Any ideas
22 > how to get OAuth into this set-up?
23 >
24 > If it helps, here are the relevant configuration files:
25 >
26 > ---------------------------- ~/.fetchmailrc ----------------------------
27 >
28 > poll pop.gmail.com