From: Gilberto Martins <zigotto@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Problems with GRUB in the installation of Gentoo
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 17:22:49
1 Hi list again, and Norberto.
2
3 Gilberto Martins wrote:
4 > > > Then, kindly selected GRUB, and did this simple /boot/grub.conf file:
5
6 You meant /boot/grub/menu.conf (or /boot/grub/grub.conf)
7
8 Sorry, it was a typeing mistake, I have verified it here, and it is as
9 you corrected ...
10
11 > > > splashimage=(dhb0,0)/boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz
12
13 ...=(hd0,0)/....
14
15 And this was another mistake ... it is written (hd0,0)
18 > > Also check the kernel filename, usually it's named another way.
19
20 ...
21
22 > Concerning to Kernel name, does it must have a specific name format ?
23 > If yes, wich would be the name ?
24
25 It doesn't matter
26
27 That`s ok.
28
29 But it does not work yet ... 8(
30
31 I would not like to go back to LILO again ...
32
33 Once more, thanks for cooperating. I need help, and hope I can soon help others.
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list