From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Fonts and KDE SC
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2011 19:53:29
1 On Saturday 04 Jun 2011 19:59:36 Indi wrote:
2 > On Sat, Jun 04, 2011 at 02:37:32PM -0400, CJoeB wrote:
3 > > On 06/04/11 14:17, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
4
5 > > > In System Settings, in the "System Administration" section, there is a
6 > > > "Font Installer" icon.
7 > >
8 > > Okay, I AM stupid - not normally, but in this instance ..... YES! Would
9 > > you believe that I looked in "System Settings", but just did scroll down
10 > > far enough to see the "System Administration" section.
11 > >
12 > > Thanks, guys, for your patience and not coming right out and calling me
13 > > an idiot! That's one thing I love about this list - you're all so
14 > > patient and even when you probably think someone is a total dolt, you're
15 > > always so polite! :-)
16 >
17 > For me it's very challenging to find things in those menus or in the
18 > "desktop" thicket of icons everyone seems to be so fond of -- so much
19 > easier just to configure things by editing text files.
20
21 If you want to add them manually use the GUI advice already given, or save any
22 desired font files in ~/.fonts
23
24 However, I would probably emerge:
25
26 media-fonts/corefonts
27 media-fonts/ttf-bitstream-vera
28 media-fonts/font-bh-ttf
29
30 and perhaps:
31
32 media-fonts/freefont-ttf
33 media-fonts/libertine-ttf
34
35 to have them system wide.
36
37 eix -l ttf and eix -l fonts will show relevant files.
40 Regards,
41 Mick