From: gigli <gigli@×××××××.se>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] ffmpeg & nuvexport
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 16:30:58
1 Hi
2
3 I've used gentoo fo a couple of years and love it. Just now i use
4 mythbuntu, but i do miss gentoo. The problems with gentoo for me was a
5 few. I use the system as a desktop/fileserver/mythbackend. The problems
6 was mostly that nuvexport in portage is rather old, if i download it
7 from http://forevermore.net/files/nuvexport it claims that i must use a
8 svn-ffmpeg and that the ffmpeg-package in portage doesn't work. This
9 makes a lot of problems for me, because if i compile a svn-ffmpeg it
10 will break a lot of other things for me.
11
12 Does anyone on this list use gentoo and mythtv + nuvexport, i need to
13 export to both xvid and x264, and have this working fine? Any tip would
14 make me very happy.
15
16 Regards
17 Martin