From: Jeremy Olexa <olex.mail.lists@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] rc-status and broken links
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2006 01:32:46
1 Peter Kelly wrote:
2 > Now, it shows that every service is [broken], but the advice to remove the
3 > broken service using rc-update -d (service) and add it in again does nothing.
4 > Everything is still [broken].
5 >
6 > Anyone seen this, and have an idea how to fix it?
7
8 Hmm, I had this happen once to me before...every single link in
9 /etc/runlevels was broken. System still booted though?
10
11 After re-reading your post are you saying the sym links are broken in
12 /etc/runlevels or just in the output of rc-status?
13
14 I manually fixed every sym link by hand because I had no idea what was
15 wrong...Now that I have more experience I still don't know how to fix it
16 because it hasn't happened again.. ??
17
18 Good luck,
19 Jeremy
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list