From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] qt blockages...
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 01:39:59
1 On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 5:19 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 <SNIP>
3 >
4 > It's sort of funny in a way. I hardly ever go to the Gentoo website. I
5 > follow this list and -dev and learn that way.
6
7 I can understand that. I sort of operate that way. I think that there
8 really is a next step which is when you hit a problem like this take a
9 look at the Gentoo docs as well as write the list. I admit I often, or
10 even mostly, write the list first, but I think most of this stuff is
11 documented somewhere so it's a good thing to look at the docs also.
12 (At least once in awhile...) ;-)
13
14 > I sync usually each
15 > Friday or Saturday and usually by the time I get the packages downloaded
16 > over my slow dial-up, if there are any problems with something it will
17 > be on the list by then. I do on occasion search the forums. I'm going
18 > through the qt blockages now but I still have a lot to download yet.
19 > That qt-core package is huge. Almost like OOo. Then there are the
20 > brothers, sisters and children of that thing to go with it.
21
22 Gentoo is a hard distro to run on a slow speed interface. It's just
23 not set up for that.
26 > I need broadband something awful. I don't think sticking a stick of
27 > dynamite under AT&T would do any good at all either
28
29 Good luck and do find something faster. It will improve your
30 experience, I expect.
33 > Dale
34 >