From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Encrypted backups under Gentoo
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 17:47:37
1 On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 17:54:50 +0200, Jan Seeger wrote:
2
3 > I use luks-crypt to encrypt my home directory. Of course I would like
4 > to make backups. These must, of course, also be encrypted. I have
5 > tried duplicity, but when many changes have occured, this is
6 > unbearably slow (being on a laptop). What would be the best solution
7 > to back up with encryption barring duplicity?
8
9 I'm using duplicity and also found it slow, and it makes thousands of SSH
10 connections in the course of a day. I'm now testing app-backup/boxbackup,
11 which seems good so far.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 The road to HAL is paved with good intentions.