From: arnuld <arnuld3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: X configuration problem
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 19:20:43
1 > did you forget to add these to /etc/make.conf?
2
3 > INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse synaptics"
4 > VIDEO_CARDS="ati radeon vesa fbdev fglrx"
5
6 Iain, it seems likee you have not read my 1st post, here is the
7 relevent part of it:
8
9 INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse"
10 VIDEO_CARDS="fglrx vesa via vga v4l"
11
12 BTW, what does "synaptics" do? and what do "ati radeon fbdev" do?
13
14 if i add them, will they solve my problem? ( i am asking as i have
15 installed BLAG Linux for now,so that i can communicate with you folks,
16 i have to reinstall Gentoo to try that)
17
18 > you may use a different set of drivers of course. See google on these
19 > for more info :)
20
21 i tried google. it confused me even more. what is DRI & OpenGL
22 replacing X window system? what does "mesa" has to do with "DRI" & why
23 ATI RADEON search opens the links to AMD web-site & then they show me
24 something like AMD 9600 series for Linux x86_64 ?
25
26 ?
29 http://arnuld.blogspot.com/
30 Linux registered user #439610 http://counter.li.org/