From: Pablo Antonio <pabloa@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] can't emerge --sync
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 14:56:19
1 On 10:30 Mon 15 May , Matias Grana wrote:
2 > hi;
3 > Beginning a week ago or so, I can't emerge --sync anymore. It always
4 > quits with a timeout error. Like this:
5 >
6 > receiving file list ...
7 > 143979 files to consider
8 > rsync error: timeout in data send/receive (code 30) at io.c(171) [sender=2.6.8]
9 > rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (3358508 bytes received so far) [receiver]
10 > rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(463) [receiver=2.6.8]
11 > rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (3358508 bytes received so far) [generator]
12 > rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(463) [generator=2.6.8]
13 > >>> retry ...
16 I'm pretty likely not the best person to help you out but, I'm
17 wondering... Have you tried with any other mirror? Does it still happen?
18
19 > Judging by the number of files, I'd think it just finished updating
20 > the tree; but it timeouts anyway. Playing with RSYNC_TIMEOUT at
21 > /etc/make.conf doesn't seem to help either.
22 >
23 > OTOH, emerge-webrsync works fine.
24 > Any thoughts?
25 >