From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: FEATURE: fixlafiles (was: [gentoo-user] Re: revdep-rebuild Not Fixing Broken Links)
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2011 07:32:41
1 On Saturday 09 April 2011 02:02:06 Allan Gottlieb wrote:
2 > On Fri, Apr 08 2011, Mick wrote:
3 > > On Friday 08 April 2011 19:51:10 Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
4 > >> I run that manually once in a while, but regularly clean a bunch of
5 > >> other things with a script I call "cleanup",
6 > >> - #!/bin/bash
7 > >> - dispatch-conf
8 > >> - revdep-rebuild
9 > >> - lafilefixer --justfixit
10 > >> - perl-cleaner all
11 > >
12 > > The last one is now an option in /etc/make.conf under FEATURES:
13 > > fixlafiles
14 >
15 > This sounds great! Outside of some extra time in emerging is there any
16 > reason *not* to add fixlafiles to FEATURES?
17
18 I haven't found any problems with it and the time it takes when there are .la
19 files to be fixed is very short. The make.conf man page says:
20
21 fixlafiles
22 Modifies .la files to not include other .la files and
23 some other fixes (order of flags, duplicated entries,
24 ...)
25
26 YMMV ...
27 --