From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] package for the scheme programming language
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 16:45:01
1 At Sat, 18 Jul 2009 08:37:28 -0400 Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.edu> wrote:
2
3 >> Allan Gottlieb wrote:
4 >>
5 >> What (preferably gentoo stable on amd64) package do you recommend for
6 >> the scheme programming language?
7 >>
8 >> I would prefer one that plays nicely within emacs.
9 >
10 > I was going to recommend MIT-scheme, but I just found out that it has
11 > been removed from portage. (One would think *that* would play well
12 > with emacs ;)
13 >
14 > There may exist an overlay:
15 > http://gluegadget.com/blog/index.php?/archives/29-MITGNU-Scheme-and-Gentoo.html
16
17 thank you willie (sunmoon, you msg didn't get through to me).
18 Is there a typo in your msg; my browser can't find www.gluegadget.com?
19 Perhaps it is a temporary network glitch, will try later.
20
21 I will try the emacs mailing list to see if they have a recommendation
22 for something to be added (back?) to gentoo.
23
24 allan