From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: has anyone tried KDE5?
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2014 17:39:10
1 Am 08.10.2014 um 11:56 schrieb Michael Palimaka:
2 > On 10/08/2014 07:31 AM, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
3 >> so after spending hours fighting to upgrade boost, I finally got to the
4 >> point were portage let me emerge kde-framework.
5 >>
6 >> I went to bed.
7 >>
8 >> I woke up 2h later... only 9 packages were installed, the rest skipped
9 >> because of wrong gcc.
10 >>
11 >> Crap like that should be told right at the start.
12 > This is carryover from KDE 4. In all packages except kdelibs, the GCC
13 > check was in pkg_setup instead of pkg_pretend to save time during
14 > dependency resolution (think emerging 300 KDE packages at once).
15 >
16 > I did some quick tests and I'm not convinced that the small time saving
17 > justifies bending the rules and causing the sort of issue you ran into.
22 luckily, I did have gcc 4.8 installed, until now I just did not have a
23 reason to switch. Afterwards emerging the rest was a non-issue. emerge
24 @preserved-rebuild is not happy, of course because of kactivities-4 and
25 -5 not liking each other.. let them be unhappy...