From: CJoeB <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Weirdness Here
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 18:54:51
1 Chris Brennan wrote:
2 > look in your /etc/fstab, is /boot set to noauto? If it is, then /boot
3 > isn't being mounted at boot, mount it by hand, then take a peek ...
4
5 Thanks. I figured that out. The thing that stymied me is that I
6 normally don't have to manually mount /boot. Anyway, things are okay now.
7
8 Regards,
9
10 Colleen
11 >
12 > CJoeB wrote:
13 > | Hi Guys,
14 > |
15 > | Something weird is going on with my system. I have been trying to
16 > | upgrade the kernel, but no matter what I select, I can't seem to get the
17 > | sata drive on my laptop recognized. So, I've been sticking to a kernel
18 > | that works. That is just a lead-in to the situation.
19 > |
20 > | Today, I wanted to check /boot to make sure that I had removed residual
21 > | files from my last failed kernel upgrade. First, let me say that my
22 > | system boots fine into the kernel that I have been using successfully -
23 > | i.e. everything happens as expected when I boot. However, in /boot, all
24 > | I have is a symlink that says that boot is a link to . (dot). I don't
25 > | see any grub directory or any of the files that should be there. What
26 > | gives? This is making me a little antsy! Any suggestions as to what is
27 > | going on? Any ideas how to solve the situation?
28 > |
29 > | Regards,
30 > |
31 > | Colleen