From: Florian Philipp <f.philipp@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] usb suspend bug for mouse?
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 12:21:18
1 Thufir schrieb:
2 > I have a run of the mill USB optical mouse which has worked fine for
3 > several years. Recently it started "stalling" , "hanging" or
4 > "freezing" from gentoo. This morning I booted into Fedora and it
5 > seemed to work fine (for a few minutes).
6 >
7 > The pattern is that a window is opened, then the arrow cannot be moved
8 > around the screen, but the buttons and scroll wheel work.
9 >
10 > Could this be a USB suspend issue? I haven't tested extensively on
11 > the Fedora installation of the same box, but it seemed to work fine,
12 > whereas from Gentoo the mouse was hanging every time a window was
13 > opened, then waiting a few minutes, then unfreezing.
14 >
15 > Haven't yet tried a different mouse.
16 >
17 > thanks,
18 >
19 > Thufir
20
21 I'd say it's very good possible. Turning of
22 Device Drivers -> USB support -> USB selective suspend/resume and wakeup
23 might do the trick.
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list