From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] gnome: "There was an error launching the application"
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 12:17:19
1 Ive just updated some 180 packages on my gnome desktop. I now have a
2 weird problem where if I click on a gnome program, it pops up a dialog
3 "There was an error launching the application."
4
5 The apps in question work fine if run from a terminal. Icons on the
6 taskbar seem to work ok (i.e., how I started the terminal). You can
7 click on an image on the desktop and gimp starts, but it fails if you
8 try and use its launch icon.
9
10 So what program or app within gnome launches programs when you click on
11 an icon?
12
13 revdep-rebuils says everything is fine - but its been lying through its
14 teeth on other systems of late so I dont trust it :)
15
16 BillK
19 William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
20 Home in Perth!