From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] was passwd now dialup and/or loop
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 18:26:09
1 Hello everybody,
2
3 Well, seems I must emerge system to get to passwd. I
4 maybe could find the distfiles I need on the
5 universal-install iso but wouldn't you know it? theres
6 no loop module on the min-install to do the job.
7
8 OK, so I oughta be able to dialout to the webby world
9 and emerge system that way. Wrong! When I run
10 pppconfig, I get "no ui". So I go look for "pppconfig
11 "no ui" " on my back up unit(where I am now). Too
12 weird! So I copy over the ppp config files
13 _word_for_word from the backup to the new unit. Now
14 the thing dials out to ? The modem lights flicker as
15 they should but nothing can be pinged. BTW, ifconfig
16 reveals the loopback device as well as ppp0.
17
18 Any dialup hackers out there?
19
20 -mw
25 Yahoo! Music Unlimited
26 Access over 1 million songs. Try it free.
27 http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/
28 --
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list