From: Remy Blank <remy.blank@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: NFS mount fail
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 08:25:25
1 Richard Marzan wrote:
2 > I get this error when mounting an nfs share:
3 >
4 > mount.nfs: rpc.statd is not running but is required for remote locking
5 > Either use "-o nolocks" to keep locks local, or start statd.
8 > Anyone know what the problem might be? I followed the gentoo-wiki nfs
9 > guide @ http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Share_Directories_via_NFS
10 >
11 > rsize and wsize have been set on my client.
12
13 Did you add nfsmount to the default runlevel?
14
15 rc-updated add nfsmount default
16
17 This should start rpc.statd at boot time. You can also start it without
18 rebooting:
19
20 /etc/init.d/nfsmount start
21
22 You need to have emerged sys-fs/nfs-utils for this to work.
23
24 If you have already done all of the above, I'd look at your firewall rules.
25
26 -- Remy