From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: xorg-server mouse and keyboard woes
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 05:53:04
1 Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
4 > A new HAL made no difference. Sigh.
5 >
6 > Another option occurs to me: get a new video card and stop using the
7 > onboard one. I've barely paid any attention to the threads about ATI
8 > vs NVIDIA, and don't know if there are any others worth considering.
9 > Care to make a suggestion for someone who rarely (read: almost never)
10 > plays games or does other work that stress a video card, and just
11 > wants the stuff to work? In current machines, it would be a PCI-X
12 > (not PCI-E) card.
13 >
14 > ++ kevin
18 I have a old FX-5200 and it does all right. I tested KDE 4 the other
19 day, it is not the fastest thing on that. I'm not sure if it is a
20 setting on my part or just needs a better card. I'm on the old PCI
21 stuff too.
22
23 Dale
24