From: Wol <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Upgrading from 5.14 to 6.0 version
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 19:01:40
1 On 21/11/2022 18:15, Laurence Perkins wrote:
2 > Separate displays is useful for multi-headed systems. I know a couple people who buy one, high-power desktop for the whole family and then attach multiple screens and input devices.
3 > If you want to do that, but your GPU can't handle multiple X displays, you can still set it up by using one master X server, and then running multiple, nested X servers, each given a specific region (which may or may not correspond precisely to one or more screens, but that's usually what you'd want). Attach the IO devices to the nested ones obviously.
4
5 I'm trying to do that. I understood that video cards didn't support it,
6 so I have two video cards, but I haven't managed to get both of them
7 working together, so far ... (couldn't even get the computer to boot
8 properly last I tried ...)
9
10 Cheers,
11 Wol